Day Twenty-Six: Bookkeeping

 My bookkeeping client needed my help today. It was a surprise actually because we pretty much haven't done any work since the pandemic began but it was interesting to get back to doing the numbers and I found myself getting a bit frustrated with a gut reaction that I couldn't remember how to do it. It's funny because as soon as I started working in Quicbooks and Excel it all just fell into place and I've done this kind of work for years so not sure where that idea that I would n't be able to do it came from. The last week I feel like my blog posts are more and more about my frustration, fear and stress but that's part of the process of getting older or should I just say wiser. I like the idea that I'm at least conscious of how I'm feeling because I'm writing it all down like this and in turn am getting wiser. Wiser is good and older is good too!

Comments

  1. What a great end to your slice;
    "Wiser is good and older is good too! "
    Can I borrow this statement with your permission? I know exactly how you are feeling, and it's great to be able to write about these frustrations. Sometimes they are only for short bursts and being able to control that feeling helps us win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliette, thank you so much for the lovely comment and absolutely please use the phrase any time. It felt so right this week and thank you for reminding me to think of it more often when I'm feeling a bit lost and frustrated. It really is true and so nice to know there are other people feeling this way. One of the things I've loved about this SOL challenge is reading people's work and seeing how much we all have in common the daily circumstances are just different. I hope you've had a fabulous weekend so far and have a truly wonderful week ahead!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts