Day Twenty-Four: Interview

 I'm always anxious before I go into an interview and this morning I had one that went so well but the anxiety was there even in the middle when there was no reason to be at all anxious. We usually want a job that we are interviewing for so that makes sense that we would be nervous but once the interview is underway it should be so daunting if the interviewer(s) are engaged and friendly and supportive. I find I project too much onto a single answer or interaction. On Zoom it can be even worse because you're also watching yourself, although I do try to remove me from the screen when I can, and you're also so up close and personal with them. There isn't that comfort of distance from across the desk or conference table. I think mine interview went well today but in the end I put my best foot forward and it's fine if it doesn't work I will go on and do something else fabulous. I will work more on being less anxious about the outcome in not only interviews but life in general and just enjoy the process of being in that moment and meeting fabulous people and getting a little time to talk about myself and my accomplishments just in case I hadn't thought about how far I'd come in life. It was a great early start to a great, great day!!!

Comments

  1. Good luck on the job! Looking for a job and interviewing for a job are up there among the most stressful activities of life. I deeply sympathize and am so glad I am old enough that I never have to look for a job again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, thank you so, so much for your incredible enthusiasm and support, it means a lot to me and I'm so glad you understand. It really is so stressful and I try not to put to much weight on any one job but then my head gets ahead of my heart and gets me all stressed out. But it went well, I couldn't tell at all if I was successful but I felt good and made a great connection with the interview and I put my best foot forward so that's great. thanks again and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this journey of thought you create by starting in the mix of the interview and taking us past it to where you have settled your nerves and left yourself open to the outcome. It's like we are with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan, thank you so, so much, I truly appreciate the encouragement and kind words and your positive energy. It went well and although I really can't say where I lay on in the realm that they may hire me but I'm happy I got through it and I did have a few little tech issues but the interviewer was so lovely. I hope you have a truly fabulous weekend and it's filled with joy!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts