Day Twelve: Behind The Window

 I love thinking about the stories that reside in all the apartments I pass here in the City. Today, as I sit across from an old, not particularly beautiful, red brick building and into an apartment window that is dark, no curtains or shade but with an air conditioner perched at the top of the right side window, I can see glimmers of images flashing across a TV screen or is it reflections from the movement in the street blow. That seems less likely as the apartment is 4 stories up. But the images don't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Did someone fall asleep on the remote and the tv is frantically going from station to station? I love wondering who these people are who live there, what are their hopes and dreams. What worries them, what brings them joy? Today, I imagine the person is napping, remote underneath the curve in their bended leg and wild images influencing their now distanced sleep and their thoughts, well they are neither peaceful nor frantic, they are shooting stars beautifully lighting up the sky of his or her or their inspired mind.

Comments

  1. I love this entry. This would be the good start to a book....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, yes, I can see where this would be a good start to a book. At one point after I wrote this I saw someone go to the window look out and then go back into the darkness, which added a little more detail to the story. I hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I love creating stories for people I see or as in this case, their windows. Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Leigh Anne. Yes, I truly do too. It's fun to let our imaginations run loose.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts