Day Seven: For Praise

I question some days how much effort I put into things and if I'm doing it more for the praise or because I truly want to do a great job. Today was one of those days. Was I working extra hard because I wanted to please people or was I going that extra mile or even just the mile it self just for my own satisfaction? I thought about this from time to time today as I rearranged calendar entries and tried to book travel and gave my thoughts on things I could have kept to myself but then felt why not put myself out there and try to avert a problem for someone later on. I didn't have to, I could have just left it as it was, but I decided to get involved and give my thoughts. I think it helped, I won't know because I don't need to be in the loop anymore but what I keep thinking is do I help because it's the right thing to do or do I do it for praise. I hope it's for the right reasons but then I think does it even matter. Praise seeking or not, doing the right thing is a good thing after all!

Comments

Popular Posts