Day Nine: Wet Day


Snowy days are fun, especially when you're a kid but when it's a wet, light snow it's more like a rain day which isn't always as exciting, no matter how old you are.  Today, it's a welcome distraction to look out my office window and watch the snowy rain fall and be mesmerized by the cars break-lights as they make their way uptown. It's almost meditative to focus close up and see the sparse snow flaks come down and then focus further outward and lock my eyes on the red lights. I love those kind of distractions, just enough to get me out of my head for a bit and not too much to keep me from getting work done. A good balance.

Comments

  1. Your words are almost meditative, too. I have never thought about a good balance of distractions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh. Yes, it's something I've only realized was a good thing lately. I hope you had a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. That photo drew me right in. I used to love looking out the window when I lived in NYC. You brought me right back to that time with the vivid description of what you saw.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts