Day Seventeen: People

It's been an exciting few days in my NYC neighborhood and yes, partly because of St. Patrick's Day and all the visitors and locals out and about celebrating but also, it seems that many, many more people have come back to their offices. It was only a week or so ago that people in my neighborhood near the United Nations were lamenting how there are so few people in the offices and business aren't doing well here. And then all of a sudden there was this great shift this week and the sidewalks and restaurants and shops were once again populated. It truly almost felt normal. I don't want to get too, too excited but I can't help myself from feeling like part of our lives is back on track.

Comments

  1. While I truly believe that in many ways, the expectation of a "normal" is shifting and that we will never again know what used to be normal, it feels SO good when I experience something that makes me remember 'normal.'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts