Day Five: View Askew

 


When a view is askew what does that mean? I looked up the word "askew" to see if it could apply to something that is partially obscured by a dirty window. It's not, but it does mean that something went wrong. So when I sat down to work and looked out the window toward this interesting, large building across the street my first thought was how unfortunate it is that the windows are so dirty, I can't see clearly. But is it wrong to have dirty windows? Is my view askew? I took the picture and turned the image on it's side to see if I saw it differently in other ways. The view was different but also not. Yes, by turning something on its side I see it differently, but the more interesting part is that I see it. See the details, that in all the time I've sat working from this spot, I never noticed. But also the spots of dirt and water stains made me focus better, look past what is the whole and look for the details beyond. Life gets dirty, things go askew but those times are often so interesting the part that is wrong is really the part that is so right!

Comments

Popular Posts